30 November 2007

First snowfall




I'm behind in my posting of the weather-related news, but we had our first snowfall on a Sunday a few weeks ago. I didn't have my camera on hand when it was snowing in the beautiful downtown area, so you will have to settle for these photos taken from our flat. There will be more snow in Bratislava, but it doesn't accumulate like those of us living in Michigan are usedto seeing.

Bratislava is flat, but a short drive soon becomes hilly and a longer drive will take you into mountains. Snow is plentiful in other areas, so winter sports abound in Slovakia. Sleds, skates and hockey sticks are for sale in all the stores.

Soon I will be able to visit the annual Christmas Market. I look forward to getting some Christmas pictures at this festive event in the old town of Bratislava.




Carolyn

No comments: