16 March 2008

Palm Sunday and a solo


Justin was asked to sing a solo at Bratislava International Church on Palm Sunday. Our church had a special children's program in the service. He wore his "handsome" clothes and did a fabulous job singing in front of the congregation. Here's a photo and a video clip. Hope you enjoy it. We are very proud of his willingness to learn the song and his courage to perform it as well.
We have grown attached to this little congregation of English speakers from around the world. Most are from the USA or the UK, but many are English speaking refugees who are in Slovakia to relocate due to trouble in their homeland. The small, historic chapel is also used on Sunday mornings by German and Hungarian congregations - one service before ours and another after. There is a larger building of the Slovak Lutheran church which is next door.
The words are hard to hear on this little video, but I'll copy them here:
Stories of Jesus
Tell me the Stories of Jesus
I love to hear;
Things I would ask Him to tell me
If He were here:
Scenes by the wayside,
Tales of the sea,
Stories of Jesus,
Tell them to me.

6 comments:

missie said...

God has given Justin so many gifts! He sang the song so beautifully and he was so handsome!
We are so proud of you Justin!
We love you,

Poppy and Nanny Hart

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,
Wow, he is such a sweetie! I can't believe that he is 8 years old!!!
Nancy D.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carolyn, he did a great job! I know you're proud of him, and he has a real gift in his voice. Glad you shared this with all of us.

ginger

Anonymous said...

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO. FANTASTIC!

I want your autograph Mr Justin.

Many Blessings from the Zenker family!

Anonymous said...

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO. FANTASTIC!

I want your autograph Mr Justin.

Many Blessings from the Zenker family!

Anonymous said...

Justin really does look like a mature vocalist, singing "Tell Me the Story of Jesus", with love and feeling in his manner. The episode makes me feels proud and "feeling", too.