12 September 2008

Using the Good Dishes

I made a decision this summer. When we were able to set up house again - it has been just about three years - I was going to use the good dishes. We celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary in Bratislava, Slovakia using dishes that came with the flat we were renting. So ten years after the wedding, we are using the lovely Lenox Poppies on Blue chinastone that I so carefully selected during our engagement. I think we are a little funny here in the US about saving the good dishes. I decided to try to inspire a few others by telling you about that. Oh, there is flatware that matches. It's really nice, heavy silverware. I'm enjoying it so far.

1 comment:

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

It's nice to see your blog updated once again! I'm now doing more than "lurking" since starting my own blog!! No promises but I'm trying to post more when I can.

I'm excited for your new home and the chance you have to use your "good china." Life's too short to keep it boxed up.

Love you!